How I met HER… Amy Kickz (Interview)
1. Introduce yourself. Who are you, where are you from and what do you do in life.
My name is Amy Kickz. I am from Woodstock Ontario, Canada.
2. How you met H.E.R.? How did you find Hip-Hop, or how did Hip-Hop find you? Share some memories about that? When and why did you decide to make music yourself?
I always wanted to make a Hip-Hop record. Since I was in my late teens I was in a relationship for 12 years, that was unhealthy and never pursued my creative outlets. I have 4 children, recently seperated, so I am achieving my goals.
3. What do you want to say with your music? What is your message? Can you live from your music already? What are your future goals?
I want to also be a voice for young girls, who turn to stripping or prostituting, as a means of making money. WE ARE WORTH MORE! Future goals is to finish my MOTHERLOAD LP, releasing early 2013 and will start touring Canada in support of it.
4. In your opinion, what is the key to success?
In my opinion, the key to success is visualize the life you want to live and go after it!! Always be humble and don’t let anyone take advantage of YOU.
5. Your shoutout to the other Ladies living Music.
Shout out to Gabbie Giftsz for being so fly and a great Inspiration.